By default, MediaFunnel shortens URLs using bitly. However, if you want to view analytics for shortened URLs, you will need to set up integration with your own URL shortener account.
To use Google URL Shortener, you need to have a business or a personal Google account. You can sign up for a personal Google account here.
In MediaFunnel, each social media channel has its own URL shortening settings. The following are instructions for integrating a social media channel with Google URL Shortener:
1. Click on the Settings icon for a channel
2. In the Edit Channel box, click on the URL Shortening tab. Make sure the URL shortening active checkbox is checked. Under Use customer URL shortener?, click on the Yes radio button.
3. Generate an API key for your Google URL Shortener account here: http://code.google.com/apis/console/
4. In the New Url Shortening Provider box, select goo.gl as the Provider. Then, enter a Name and paste in your goo.gl API key. Click the Save button.
5. In the Edit Channel box, click the Save button and then click the Close button. Note that you can have multiple URL shorteners set up for a channel, but only one can be active at a time.
Note: You can disable URL shortening for a channel by unchecking the URL shortening active checkbox